Independence Day Eve

I LOVE the 4th of JULY!

This evening I am enjoying the paradise weather of Westside Los Angeles and contemplating my resolve as a filmmaker artist on the Eve of July 4th. 240 years ago tomorrow, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and Second Continental Congress voted to approve a resolution of independence and the Declaration of Independence, a statement explaining this decision, declaring the United States independent from Great Britain rule, hence the Fourth of July becoming America's birthday: Independence Day.
 
I'm re-reading the Declaration of Independence and keep going over the first line:
"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation."

I realize director Timothy Hines speaks as eloquently as our founding fathers. I am so thankful to create with Tim, a true creative genius.

I realize Nellie Bly found it necessary to dissolve the perception of women as toss-away human beings in 1887 and her expose 10 DAYS IN A MADHOUSE catapulted positive reform for mental health care and the treatment of women, thus Bly being named one of the original feminists.

I realize I LOVE being an artist and conveying stories through film. I truly live in the greatest place on Earth to be a filmmaker. Just like our founding fathers I BELIEVE...which is the beginning of all greatness. Happy Fourth of July!




Comments